Valar morghulis – “All men must die.”
Valar dohaeris – “All men must serve.”
Game of Thrones has a total of eight seasons with multiple characters which aired on HBO for eight years. It was one of the Hollywood series that viewers were really hooked, not only because of its commendable concept and story flow but also because of its well-portrayed characters.
Now, let me show you my top 10 favorite ones.
10. Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen)
Theon Greyjoy of House Greyjoy is the youngest son of Lord Balon Greyjoy of the Iron Islands. He belongs to the family who owns an influx of ships. Became a villain at some point towards the Starks in spite of treating him as a family member, but died as a hero protecting them (Sansa and Bran).
- From being a traitor turned cuntless, he ended his life paying off the goodness and trust of the Starks.
9. Brianne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie)
She is a highly trained and skilled warrior made dangerous by the fact that men underestimate her. From being Renly Baratheon’s “kings guard” to Catelyn Stark’s service oath-keeper.
Sandor Clegane (Rory McCain)
For his savage nature, he is known as “the Hound”, a retainer to House Lannister. He is laconic yet brutal, but not without compassion. He has a lifelong fear of fire because of his childhood experience with his brother that caused a grievous burn on his face.
Lord Varys (Conleth Hill)
He is known as “the Spider”, and “Master of Whisperers”. He holds no inherited title, castle or lands in Westeros, but is called “lord” as a courtesy due to his position on the council because of being a spymaster, intelligent agent and skilled manipulator. He also commands a network of informants across two continents.
- These three characters tie on the 9th place because of one commonality. They didn’t recognize any ruler whom they could serve loyally, rather, they fought and lived for their own goals and purposes without any fear.
8.Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner)
Sansa Stark is the first daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark. She is a pretty and elegant lady who becomes the strongest and wisest version of herself upon the tragedies she’s been through with the cruel kings she got married, namely Jeffrey and Rickon.
- Her femininity didn’t hinder her to survive the iniquities and tragedies along her way. It led her to trust no one.
7. Brandon Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright)
Brandon “Bran” Stark of House Stark is the fourth child of the Starks. From being a crippled child due to being shoved off from the window by Jaime after witnessing him with Cersei having an incestuous engagement to a “Three-eyed Raven”.
- A lot risked their lives for him, but that was for a great purpose. He deserves to be the seven-kingdoms’ ruler not only because of his gift, but dominantly because of his absence of greed for power.
6. Danaerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke)
Daenerys Targaryen is an exiled princess of the Targaryen dynasty. Famously known as “Khaleesi” which means mother of Dothrakis upon marrying the warlord Khal Drogo, “Stormborn”, and “Mother of the three dragons”.
- She knew that courage was her strength because of her firm goal to get the Iron throne together with her dragons, but still looked for good company and advisors.
5. Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen)
Ser Jorah Mormont of House Mormont is an exiled knight in the service of Daenerys Targaryen. He becomes the loyal knight at the same time advisor of Daenerys in her journey regaining the Iron throne who supposedly acts as a spy of Varys to her due to the crime he committed.
- He is an excellent warrior and a loyal colleague. But above all, his unconditional love for Danaerys is priceless.
4. Jon Snow (Kit Harington)
Jon Snow is said to be Stark’s “bastard”, but biologically the son of Rhaegar Targaryen — has the right for the Iron Throne. He is a very talented fighter with compassion and justice. He woke up from death and became everyone’s loved and preferred leader.
- He is a good fighter and leader with a compassionate heart. He proved to everybody that he was not just a “bastard”. Moreover, he became a hero for multiple instances.
3. Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey)
Cersei Lannister of House Lannister and House Baratheon, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, becomes the wife of King Robert Baratheon. She’s the sister of Tyrion and her twin brother Jaime whom she has an incestuous affair with. Her strong desire for power and her deep loyalty to her father, children, and brother Jaime make her the cunningest and fearless version of herself.
- Yes, she is a villain … a very calm villain. Her boldness and wisdom helped her to keep ruling independently despite of many people trying to pull her down.
2. Tyrion Lannister (Peter Drinklage)
Tyrion Lannister of House Lannister is the younger brother of Cersei and Jaime Lannister, known as “the Imp” or “Halfman” which causes him to be underestimated. While not physically advantageous, Tyrion has a clever mind and sharp tongue that help him to live throughout his independent journey.
- Whenever he talks, you would really listen and wait for the learning and quotation you would catch from him. He chose dignity over family.
1. Arya Stark (Masie Williams)
Arya from the House Stark. First of her name. Younger daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark. Very much opposite of her sister Sansa because of being headstrong, feisty, independent, blunt, and impulsive. Described as “wolf-blooded”, “skin-changer”, “face-chaging serial killer”, “killer of the night king”, “slayer of the white walkers”, and “savior of the seven kingdoms”. Has become this version herself because of a “No One”.
- I witnessed her growth from being nothing to “No One”. She strived her very best to get what she likeed and be what she wanted. Fearless, independent, fierce, and unstoppable – that’s what she is.
And if I were to add five more, here they are:
And they summed it all. Hope you like it!